Sunday, January 13, 2008

She's Walking, Talking and Feeling Great


Lana is on the move. With all the surgery prep and the holidays, I haven't had a chance to update everyone on Lana's amazing progress over the past month.

Many firsts! First English word, juice. quickly followed by many more including So-So for our little dog Sophie. On December 29th, Lana decided she could walk by herself. No with a first step or two, but by walking across the room. Now she walks, climbs and dances.

She is a very social little girl and enjoys meeting new people. It's been fun introducing her to her new family and friends.

She continues to have a good appetite. Sometimes we can't believe how much food that little body can hold. She has gained 2 pounds and grown between 2 and 4 inches depending on who is measuring her. She has also gotten 5 new teeth, with 3 more coming in.

She continues to recover well from surgery. She seems to feel well. There is still quite a bit of swelling under her eye, but above her eye looks great. Much better than before surgery already. This coming week we are planning on having some play dates and returning to the surgeon for a check-up. We are also hoping to begin enjoying the outside. She has stopped shying away from the light. We took her for a ride in the car today and the light didn't make her cry. Next warm day we're going to the beach!













3 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

I'm so glad to hear how fast she's growing and learning! It's amazing what a little love can do. Give her a hug from us and Anara. I hope we can get them together someday.

Jackie said...

I have been thinking of you all. (a bit behind with my blog reading) I am so thrilled to hear that surgery was a success. The progress she is making is wonderful. Yayyyy!!

Go Lana!! Go Lana!! Go Lana!!

Nola and I are sending big virtual hugs ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am really embarassed to say that I am just now finding your blog. Our daughters were in the same room in Tokmok at the same time. I was there when her referral picture was taken with Ludmilla. I remember meeting Lana and my first thought was how sparkling and lovely she was. I remember being worried about her ever being adopted. I saw her on both trips to Kyrgyzstan in March and May. She was sooo cute every day I saw her. I am so sorry that I'm just finding you now.

When I first saw Lana, she and our daughter Isabel were in the 'insulator' room. There was only Lana, Isabel and one other baby. I have pictures of that room and also my husband took a picture of a painting that was on the wall in that room which we have framed in Isabel's room. On my blog, there is a link to 'our dossier pictures' which may contain those. Email me and we can 'talk' further. I am so happy for you and for Lana, who I know is so, so so special. Maybe one day our girls can see each other again. I am so happy to have found you!

Tina